Midwest Fastener Corp. is seeking an Infrastructure Manager to manage and coordinate all IT infrastructure projects to meet company and client needs. An Infrastructure Manager who will be key in establishing company-wide standards, optimizing purchasing power, and creating a highly available and secure network and server infrastructure. The Infrastructure Manager will ensure standards and procedures are followed during the design and implementation of information systems. The Infrastructure Manager is responsible for monitoring the systems to ensure the highest level of infrastructure performance. Additionally, assist and coordinate in network interface planning, hardware resource availability, and development of new applications.
- Manage infrastructure projects and ensure proper business communications
- Manage schedule and budget against set goals
- Manage outside vendors, including telecommunications, phone systems and infrastructure advisory vendors.
- Manage internal infrastructure resources
- Collaborates in the institution of policies and procedures to protect infrastructure stability, while maintaining flexibility in supporting organizational needs
- Manage the design, configuration, installation, and maintenance of LAN/WAN hardware, software and telecommunications equipment
- Ensures infrastructure department supports the business strategy and works cross functionally to prioritize and achieve Infrastructure goals
- Attends strategic and management team meetings while collaborating with the VP of IT and business leaders
- Assists infrastructure engineers and acts as escalation point for issue resolution
- Research and evaluate current and new technologies
- Tracks security compliance for production systems through patching and configuration control.
- Supervise, train, and assess the performance of the staff responsible for the network and server infrastructure support and operation
- Set up and maintain in-house disaster recovery system
- Create standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for department
- Oversee and drive all IT assets and maintain an accurate and comprehensive enterprise asset inventory
- Oversee access, event, problem, and incident management
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of professional experience in complex IT administration, and 5+ years in IT management of technology and employees.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, computer hardware/software systems, databases, system security and troubleshooting
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Ability to manage personnel
- Understanding of business practices
- Analytical mindset and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Innovative and value seeking thinker with the ability to work independently, collaboratively and as part of a team
- Project management mindset, with demonstrated planning and organizational skills and ability to prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs
- Ability to navigate and lead change management, coordinating activities in a cross-functional environment
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; including the ability to communicate complex issues in a professional, positive, and clear manner